Join the Alta Summer Camp community at the town of Alta for the summer season! Our seasonal summer staff are adventurous, innovative, and creative individuals who have a passion for the outdoors, creating a space for campers to be their authentic selves, trying new activities and making life-long friendships and connections.
Camp counselors provide a quality program, supervise a group of 6-24 campers during their stay, teach and lead hikes, basic camp programs, and assist program staff in other program areas. This is a live-on-site position for the duration of the scheduled work-week.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with fellow counselors under the direction of the Head Counselor to plan hike and do various nature focused activities.
- Develop connections with the campers assigned to your care, help them learn to respect the rights of others and make connections with people different than themselves.
- Teach activities, games, songs, and projects to campers.
- Guide activities and experiences through planning, group decision-making, and camper-led leadership in the camp unit.
- Be responsible for camper care and supervision throughout the day and overnight.
- Assist with housekeeping, sanitation, documentation and beyond in regards to the campers in your care and their lodging location.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start date.
- Hold or be willing to obtain Red Cross First Aid & CPR Certifications or the equivalent.
- Hold or be willing to obtain a Utah Food Handlers' Permit.
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Ability to communicate and work with groups of campers ages 5-12 and provide necessary verbal instruction to campers.
Perks and Benefits
- Employer paid CPR/AED and First Aid (if not currently certified)
- Employer paid Food Handler's permit (if not currently certified)
- Employer paid on-the-job training.
- Free meals for entirety of the season.
- Saturdays and Sundays off.
- Turn your job offer into an outdoor or education internship!
Job Types: Full-time, Part Time Internship, Temporary
Pay: $18 per hour start
Schedule: Up to any 4 days, Monday to Friday