Camp Packing Information
Camp Packing Information
List of things for your Child to pack
Hello parents, we are excited to meet your child and provide a wonderful experience for them at the Alta Summer Camp. Below are a few very important things to know, the short version is:
Make sure your invoice is paid via Brightwheel and you know your 4 digit code!
Bring your kiddo to camp with sunscreen on, sunglasses, sturdy shoes and spare clothes in a backpack. On the first day they'll get a wristband, which they need to wear everyday! Please make sure you check over and sign your child’s paperwork before leaving them on their first day.
The first day will require a signature of paperwork, plan some extra time for that. If your child has any allergies, disabilities, or medical conditions please reply to this email to let us know as well as talk with the director at check-in. We want to make sure we’re all very aware of any extra precautions to keep your kiddo safe and happy!
The vans depart and arrive on time at the Little Cottonwood Canyon Park and Ride (at the mouth of Little Cottonwood Canyon): 4385 Little Cottonwood Canyon Rd, Sandy, UT, 84092. Please be there nice and early, as we are strict about departure time in the morning and even stricter about pick-ups. The vans leave the Park and Ride promptly at 8:00am for full day (please arrive between 7:45-8:00am) and 9:00am for short day (please arrive between 8:45-9:00am); 4:00pm for short day (please arrive between 3:45-4:00pm) and 5:00pm for long day (please arrive between 4:45-5:00pm).
We are excited to see you at the Alta Summer Camp, and value your decision to have your child join us this week. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us by sending us a message (NOT TO ADMIN) through the Brightwheel App for the fastest response from any counselor. For administrative or billing questions please email us at email@example.com. We are all here to help your child have a great time at camp!
We understand things come up and you may need to contact us outside of camp hours. If you have an emergency situation, you may call Ilse Wilson, the Owner/Director on her cell phone: (801)702-7004. If you message between 8pm-7am, it will be responded to after 7am.
If you have a request to switch to either a full day or short day van, please message us through Brightwheel the morning of. Our cut off for requests will be NOON, 12:00pm. We will do our best to accommodate, however it will depend on how many kids are checked in each day to whether or not we can make it happen. Each camp is sold to allow for a certain number of seats in the vans.
Please update and add as much info as possible to the app so we have it at our fingertips. The Brightwheel app is how we will check your child in and out at pick-up and drop-off. It will make things run so much better on the first day of camp if you know the 4-digit code that is affiliated with your account.
We would never want to keep your child from contacting you if they have their own device. However, we do ask that when a child does want to call, they first find a counselor to inform them on what is going on to avoid confusion.
- One (1) Stainless Steel Water bottle per child (for your camper to keep) and fun stickers.
- Additional sunscreen, hats and sunglasses and even backpacks to borrow.
- Very yummy, nutritious meals, lots of snacks and drinks. See the menu on our website.
- A small personal First Aid Kit and tag.
- A journal for reflections of the day at camp.
- An Alta Summer Camp pencil.
- A wristband (this will be very important for your child to wear while at camp, so please make sure your child has this with them everyday they return to camp).
- Outdoor rain/trail pants to wear over clothes.
- Proper shoes for hiking - waterproof hiking shoes, snow boots, or tennis shoes are great. NOT open-toed sandals because of all of the amazing snow, we want to keep your kiddos feet safe and warm.
- A light rain jacket or sweater is a good idea for windy and rainy days which are sometimes in the forecast.
- Extra clothes, a pair of socks, and shoes in a bag to switch out muddy shoes and send home for cleaning.
- Sunscreen already on is a great way to have a successful start to a day at summer camp. We highly encourage that everyone shows up to camp having already applied sunscreen to ensure a smoother morning.
- Feel free to pack additional snacks for your kiddo too. We have granola bars and fruit available for them to take on hikes.
- Hiking backpacks are easy and convenient to carry water, snacks and extras. It is recommended, but not necessary that your child has one. If you do send one, please leave it light and only have things they would need for a hike. A reusable bag with the other extra's is great. Each child has a spacious cubby to leave their items in, which we ask them to take home daily to be checked and possibly switched out since we often get wet and muddy outside.
- PS. LABEL, LABEL, LABEL EVERYTHING!!!! Lost and Found boxes will be at the vans each afternoon, because we know kids get distracted by all the fun we have. Please check the lost and found each day, it is already getting full!
- Sunglasses are a very important thing to bring to summer camp, because we have come to realize that when kids are not wearing sunglasses they can very easily sunburn their eyes. With all of the extra snow we will have this summer from such a snowy winter, the likelihood of sunburnt eyes will be even more high than previous years.
- If your kiddo borrows a pair of our sunglasses please have them returned the next day! Our extras are dwindling down ;)
- Mittens are great to send with your kiddo to keep their hands warm while playing in the snow.
- Donations of recycled materials. Small boxes, clean containers, even glass jars. We use it all to be environmentally conscious, and we need more!!!
- Last but not least, when sending campers back to camp throughout the week PLEASE make sure their wristbands are on their wrists! These wristbands allow us to keep track of which campers need to be on the short day or long day vans.
We always plan on operating according to the schedule posted on the website, spending the majority of our time outside, however we take the children's temperament and weather changes in mind. We rotate through 17 different themes, but keep it flexible as the environment changes; we follow suit and change with it.
We look forward to meeting you and your child for Alta Summer Camp!
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can follow us on Instagram @alta.summer.camp, if you have approved the photo release your child may be featured.
We also appreciate it if you have the time to leave us a Google review!